Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ben Sherman: Who's Smoking Crack?

Out of curiosity I decided to peek at Ben Sherman's U.S. website before deleting one of their annoying weekly e-mails .

http://www.bensherman.com/us/shirts

$159 for one of their shirts?  Are the people at Ben Sherman USA smoking this:
















Here's their short sleeved Gingham check shirt (with no buttons on the collar) for $129:

http://www.bensherman.com/us/shirts/gingham-shirt-factory-engineered-hem-panel-gingham-shirt-1.html

Here's the long sleeved, button down collar Gingham check shirt I bought at Target for $12.99:






















The long sleeved ones run as high as $159.  For $159 I can get a bespoke shirt, shit I can get three if I'm willing to be a little forgiving for some bagginess!  What are they driving at?  How the hell does this company stay afloat, seriously?! As always, a big "FUCK YOU" to Ben Sherman, and in particular, Ben Sherman USA!

1 comment:

A Dandy in Aspic said...

I've heard somewhere recently that their Carnaby Street store has been losing money for years..