Sunday, November 30, 2014

Last Night...............


Last night's Philly Soul Syndicate installment of Boogaloo was a smashing success. In the intrest in not being too much of a record snob DJ I brought out quite a bit of well known stuff to keep the floor moving. I decided I'd keep track of all the 45's I spun and here's what you missed from me (all records are U.S.pressings unless otherwise noted):

FIRST SET:
PRINCE BUSTER & the ALL STARS-Al Capone (Blue Beat) U.K.
BYRON LEE & his SKA KINGS-Last Night Ska (Atlantic)
ROLAND ALPHONSO with BABA BROOKS BAND-Nuclear Weapon (Ska Beat) U.K.
THE MELODIANS-Lay It On (Coxsone) Jamaica
THE MAD LADS-Tearmaker (Volt)
THE CAPER BROTHERS-I Ain't Gonna Write You (Roulette)
DON GARDENER and DEE DEE FORD-I Need Your Loving (Fire)
ALVIN ROBINSON-Let The Good Times Roll (Blue Cat)
MICKEY LEE LANE-Hey Sah Lo Ney (Swan)
THE KINGSMEN-Louie Louie (Wand)
LARRY KNIGHT & THE UPSETTERS-Hurt Me (Golden World)
JIMMY FRASER-Of Hopes And Dreams And Tombstones (Columbia Bootleg)
J.J. JACKSON and the JACKAELS-Oo-Ma-Liddi (Prelude)
BENNY SPELLMAN-I Feel Good (Atlantic)
GARNET MIMMS and the ENCHANTERS-Tell Me Baby (United Artists)
MARVIN GAYE-Can I Get A Witness (Tamla)
THE OLYMPICS-We Go Together (Mirwood)
JERRY BUTLER-Just For You (Vee Jay)

SECOND SET:
THE MIRACLES-I Gotta Dance To Keep From Crying (Tamla)
THE DAYLIGHTERS-Oh Mom (Teach Me How To Uncle Willie) (Sue) U.K.
RAY CHARLES-I Don't Need No Doctor (ABC)
THE SUPREMES-Where Did Our Love Go (Motown)
GEORGIE FAMEand the BLUE FLAMES-Last Night (Imperial)
THE DELLS-It's Not Unusual (Vee Jay)
J.J. JACKSON-Come See Me (Strike) U.K.
BILLY PRINCE-Somebody Help Me (Verve)
IKE & TINA TURNER-Two Is A Couple (Sue)
R. DEAN TAYLOR-There's A Ghost In My house (Tamla Motown) U.K.
THE FOUR TOPS-It's The Same Old Song (Motown)
ARETHA FRANKLIN-Soulville (Columbia)
THE FI-DELS-Try A Little Harder (Keymen)
EDWIN STARR-Headline News (Ric Tic)
SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES-(Come Round Here) I'm The one You Need (Tamla Motown) Portugal
THE IMPRESSIONS-Can't Satisfy (ABC)

Join the fun next month on Friday December 19th, follow the link above to the night's Facebook page for all the details!


1 comment:

BLUES BABY said...

I was looking for some old pics of my dad, and found a great one on your blog. My Dad, Larry "Fuzzy"Knight, recorded "Hurt Me" with Golden Records, a subsidiary of Motown Records..with his first Band Larry Knight and the Upsetters, writen in 65, put out in 66. This was the begging of his career..a.k.a Fuzzy..still rocks on